6 August 2012

Pink and Green Disappearing Nine Patch Progress

I managed to get quite a bit of quilt stuff done this weekend. I got a few Granny Squares done for the Great Granny Along. And I finally got my donation fabric sorted and bagged ready for postage (an embarrassing number of FQ's off to better homes!!).

I also put my Pink and Green Disappearing Nine Patch blocks together. I was a couple short, but it was the work of minutes to make up the two i needed. It's only 4x4 of 12" blocks, so its a bit small. I am thinking of a plain white 4" border around the edge. This is the size of one square in the original nine patch. I think I might use the left over cut sections as corner blocks? I'm open to ideas about how I can enlarge it without too much extra work. It was only meant to be a quicky project and I want to get it done so it doesn't get added to the UFO pile! I think a little bigger will be fine as a lap quilt.

0 comments: