This is another one for sale at Festival. This is the collar, there will be a matching set of cuffs as well. Linen and black silk thread in stem stitch.
Boy, was my sci fi geek girl quotient pretty high today. I also got these patches from the USA as well. I've been after the blue one for years, it goes with another one that I bought at a con years ago. Now I have the set! ;-) And of course I had to get a BSG one.
I ordered these a couple of weeks ago and they finally arrived yesterday. Boy, are they good. I have to say, I'm liking S3 better than S2, but they are both great. I'm normally not a big fan of instrumental, but these songs really work, I think because it's a style I really enjoy, strong drums and bass, floaty vocals, peaks and troughs. Really very good.
I am making a collar and cuff set to sell at Festival. I like this pattern, it works up very quickly. I think I might make some more in other colours. I am going to do a slightly more complicated design as well.
This is the status of my blackwork caul. I've been dragging this around as my doodle piece which I take to events so I have something to work on. I've been working on it for about 3 years!! I've decided I am going to make it up and sell it at Festival. I think it needs something inside of the diamonds. But I can't decide what - I am thinking either a small gold paillette or maybe a small (but quick to sew) motif. Any ideas?
I finally got round to transfering the centre medallion for my Elizabethan Bedhanging to the canvas. This is based directly on an existing piece in the Victoria and Albert Museum. The only thing I've changed is the heraldry in the middle (obviously, I've put mine in there!).
So the to do list for that project is to put the final round of couching on the blue flowers and start on the medallion. I also have to find patterns for the various insects etc that I want to scatter over the hanging.
This is the centre patchwork section of the quilt complete. I had intended to enlarge this section, but adding even two more columns seemed to be taking forever and then I thought about the extra quilting time!! So I've gone back to the original size.